Re: GMC problem, and theming GIMP

> It appears that gmc only looks for directories 1 deep at
> initialization (other than current directory). I would prefer that it
> know about sub-directories, even if it is not displaying (expanding)

If you are only talking about when it initializes, I'm okay with that,
and I really mean initializes and only on invocation on the home
directory.

Otherwise, I would not want to see this.  For instance, if you did that on
a tree that consists of automounter mounts this would be a bad thing.  It
would try to mount all over the place.  Already GTK does this in their
file dialog box.  If I tried to do a filecompletion it will mount every
directory it can.  I don't see this as the right thing to do on "system"
directories.  GNOME isn't always going to run on private linux
boxes, GNOME should be able to run on a full corporate/educational network
environment.  Doing these sort of things would really slow things down.

I am not sure how I would implement this or it might already be
implemented in gmc, but a cache of directories would be good.  That way
commonly accessed system directories are cached, and there is no overhead
of trying to stat a tree of directories just to build a tree list.

	sri

Sri Ramkrishna         /|\ Unix is very user friendly, its just very picky
email: sri@aracnet.com -|- on who it is friendly to. -- Unknown?
phone: 503-356-1078    \|/