Re: No Task bar or left mouse

On Thu, Apr 22, 1999 at 08:02:01PM -0400, Ken Marin was heard to say:
> Hi,
>
> I'm running Gnome1.0 on a RH5.2 with a PII233.  It seems to partially
> work.  There is no task bar and the left and right mouse buttons dont
> work. It is a 3 button Logitech with the center button being a wheel.
> It all worked fine in X.  When it first loaded it was only a grey screen
> and the center click on the mouse gave a menu to configure but it seems
> to be really limited.  The vid card is a Diamond 2000.  Could the mouse
> be conflicting?  I tried what was said on the help page ( del. the
> sessions  and reinstalling the core) but it looks the same.  Any
> pointers would be great. Thanks

  What do you mean by "the left and right mouse buttons don't work"?  ie, do you
mean that if you start Netscape you can't click on URLs with them?

  The 'taskbar' problem can be solved easily by right-clicking [assuming you
can right-click :-) ] on the panel and choosing "Add Applet/Utility/Gnome Pager"

  Daniel

--
  Believe in the Great God Om or be stricken with thunderbolts?
  Is that the way it always has to be?

             -- Terry Pratchett, _Small Gods_