Re: GnomeICU

On Sun, 25 Apr 1999, Ryan D. Lewis wrote:

> and so on for the other failed dependencies.  This will tell you if the
> package is installed, and, if it is, what version you have installed.  If
> you have the right versions of all of these packages, then RPM is on crack
> and you can do the --nodeps thing (which is not a good habit to get into, by
> the way).  If you don't have the required packages, grab them from your
> favorite ftp site and installed them.

Actually, if he is running gnome 1.0 he probably just has the "wrong"
version installed (in this case wrong means more up-to-date)  The RPM he
is using is old, it is looking for gtk1.1.14, but Gnome 1.0 generally uses
Gtk1.2.x.  I would suggest looking for a newer version, one that was built
agains gtk1.2.x.

-chris