session manager problems

     Hi all,

     I've tried using exec gnome-session in my .xinitrc on my redhat 5.2
     box - gnome libs 1.08 and core 1.05 ( latest I think) gmc .30 ( also
     latest ?)

     Works fine to start with - very neat, but after a couple of
     logins/logouts something seems to get corrupted in .gnome - I log in
     and enlightenment doesn't start ( 0.15.5 and its in my path) and
     sometimes the panel doesn't come up or takes ages.

     The way I've cured this is to ctl+alt+bkspc to exit X and rm -rf
     .gnome* and .enlightenment* then when I log in all is well

     Any ideas where I should look to provide more info and or fix the
     problem ? - I've reverted to not using gnome-session for the time
     being

     Thanks in advance

     Richard

     r.harding@btinternet.com