Re: Database storage approach

This is way off the original topic.  Nobody is talking about changing the user
interface.  They are talking about changing the programming interface.  When
you are typing away in bash, you don't need to know whether you are accessing
a database or a standard file system.  The problem with most file systems is
that they are like unencapsulated data---they allow you to do stupid things.
And like it or not we all do stupid things occasionally.  Try "su -; mv -f
/usr /user; shutdown -r now" and see what happens (actually don't; just think
about it ;-)

Tim

Preben Randhol wrote:

> Duncan Pierce <cmrdrp@soc.staffs.ac.uk> writes:

snip

> | certainly wouldn't want this kind of power to go away.  But it isn't very
> | mom-compliant, is it?  (For example, I keep having to explain to my dad
> | how to change directory).

snip