Re: mounting/unmounting devices for newbies

Who wants it easy?  We HardCore users prefer doing things the
hard way, the old fashioned way... :)

But it should be an option at least for the newbies to have them
automount when you try and access the devices

Hmm, someone needs to add a "reply-to:" to the list serv...

> what with mounting/unmounting drives, I am wondering how people expect
> newbies to use removeable disks? As I see it, this is the major reason
> that my mom couldn't use Gnome/Linux. I think that for most things,
> window's way of dealing with disks makes a lot of sense if you don't
> understand what's going on underneith. To the user, the fact that the
> floppy/zip/cd is in the drive should mean that the computer sees it.
>
> with things like automount and "rescan mountable devices" it looks as
> though things arn't that easy yet.
>
> comments?
>
> --ben

Cheers!