Re: Filetype identification in gmc

On Wed, 4 Aug 1999, Mark R. Bowyer wrote:

> Yup, that's the story I got a few months back when I complained about this.
> Mostly it doesn't matter too much.  But since Perl libraries and X Pixmaps both
> use *.pm, it *can* have some funny results =OZ

gnome-libs provides functions to determine the mime type both from file
extension and magic numbers.  Perhaps gmc could be modified to use magic
numbers if file extensions are ambiguous.  hmm.  if i remember tonight
maybe I'll give it a look.

-chris

Christopher Rogers      http://www.pobox.com/~gandalf
gandalf@pobox.com       gandalf@darkcorner.net

in-no-va-tion, n. 1. extending or modifying existing standards in
undocumented ways. 2. creating new, undocumented standards.
--de-com-mod-it-ize, v.