Re: GNOME Usability Improvements - Fix the window manager!

On Tue, Aug 03, 1999 at 09:19:51AM -0500,
James M. Cape <jcape@jcinteractive.com> wrote:
> Matthias Warkus wrote:
> >
> > There's nothing wrong about mounting and umounting media.
>
> And there is also nothing wrong with providing a UI to configure the
> system to do it automatically.

I don't see what all the complaining about mounting is about. I'm running
Debian 2.1 with the official Debian GNOME packages, and when I double-click
the cd icon on the desktop it automatically mounts it and then opens up
a MC window. To umount you can choose "Unmount" or "Eject" from its context
menu. Seems to me that it can't get any simpler than that.

--
Eric Gillespie, Jr. <*> epg@pobox.com

"Man is a rope, tied between beast and overman--a rope over an abyss.
 A dangerous across, a dangerous on-the-way, a dangerous looking-back,
 a dangerous shuddering and stopping."
 --Friedrich Nietzsche