Re: Where's all the movement?

+++ Fri, Aug 06, 1999 at 03:51:12PM +0000 +++
Elliot Lee e-mails me. Film at 11. Reply right now, after the break.
> On 6 Aug 1999 11:28:21 -0400, Matthias Warkus <mawarkus@t-online.de>
> wrote:
>
> >I understand that a lot of development is done on Gnome. After all,
> >people work for this full-time. Nevertheless, the overall face and
> >features of Gnome haven't changed much for me in the last few weeks
> >and months.
>
> >But where is it?
>
> You have to be patient. Big things do not happen on a "few weeks"
> timescale. Things are happening, but it will take a while before they are
> finished -

I get Gnome from CVS. So where are those things happening? I don't see
much change in the CVS tree for, say, gnome-libs or gnome-core. Sure,
documentation is written, bugs are fixed. Minor prettifications
happen. I'm happy all this happens. But where are those big things?
Have I got the concept of CVS wrong? Isn't the HEAD branch supposed to
be the bleeding edge?

> if you want to see a specific thing happen faster, you have to
> talk to the person who is working on it and volunteer your help. There is
> _always_ stuff to do...

I test, I report bugs and I translate. I feel like that's enough
participation for me.

> If you just want to see an impression of activity, subscribe to
> cvs-commits-list. :)

Maybe.

mawa
--
Actually, the fun thing about playing the piano is that you can walk
around in town with a Henle Urtext score, showing off, and feeling