Re: GNOME on sun

>From: Jean Raymond Chauviere <Jean-Raymond.Chauviere@cetelem.fr>

>I tried to compile gnome on a sun solaris 2.7 but didn't succeed.
>a library libdb is needed. It takes part of the glibc.
>The glibc isn't ported on sun.
>I HAVE TO RECOMPILE, I can't get get binaries from an ftp server.
>( sometimes my boss have strange ideas..)
>
>Any help would be appreciated (ideas, workarounds ....)

You can get db-2.4.14 from http://sunfreeware.com in either 2.6/SPARC binary, or
source format.

I did, and GNOME has been running fine here for months on SPARC/Solaris 2.6
through 8_beta =O)

Good luck,

-------My opinion - Not sane, intelligent or necessarily useful-------
o o                                      mailto:Moredhel@earthling.net
/v\ark R. Bowyer.  http://i.am/Moredhel  mailto:Mark.Bowyer@UK.Sun.COM
`-'         "Everything is true, for a given value of 'true'" - PTerry