Re: GNOME and WindowMaker

Low Lifeboy wrote:

> I'm running the latest GNOME/WindowMaker. Are these two made to work with
> each other?
> My RH 6.0 came setup with GNOME/E, but E keeps crashing on me and messing up
> my settings - even though I got the latest RPMs for GNOME/E from RedHat.
> For instance, where do I find the option to 'refresh' the desktop; I can no
> longer find it now that I'm using WindowMaker. How do I tell GNOME now to
> re-create the icons?
> And sometimes gmc dumps core on me - many times actually.
> Is the GNOME/E combination something that works better or can I pick other
> window manager?
>
> Please advise
>
> Thank you.

I'm using WindowMaker 0.60.0 at the moment compiled with Gnome Support.
It mostly works except that I cannot get it to pass root menu clicks
onto gmc. I've disabled Dock and Clip and use panel instead. After
fiddling with the attributes menu on various applications, I eventually
added "*" = {NoAppIcon = Yes;}; to ~/GNUstep/Defaults/WMWindowAttributes
to disable all application icons. The only other annoying thing  I can't
get round is applications maximizing past panel.

					Mat

--

Mat Withers              System Support Manager - 4th Wave Technologies
Work - mat.withers@4thwave.co.uk              Phone - +44 (1794) 504040