Re: Gnome-terminal problem with less

That is an xterm feature (a second screen buffer) that console
applications can request.  The ZvtTerm widget is just implementing the
feature.  Since the ZvtTerm widget aims to be xterm compatible, it also
implements the second buffer.  Try less with a normal xterm, and you will
see that it does the same thing.  You will probably also notice that a few
other programs use this, such as console mode vim.

If you don't want less to use the second buffer, get the source, comment
out the appropriate bit of code and recompile it (there may be a configure
switch to do this -- I have not checked).

James.

--
Email: james@daa.com.au
WWW:   http://www.daa.com.au/~james/