Re: Making gnome speak

> If this is going to happen, to the point where a blind, paralyzed person
> can successfully use GNOME, there's going to have to be an effort similar
> to the GNOME UI group, probably bigger, with lots of help from real HCI
> (Human-Computer Interaction) people in academia and hopefully industry.

I think this would be an excellent thing for novices too, as it appears
_every_ one I have encountered do not realize that they must close
dialog boxes (thinking that clicking on it's parent will close the
dialog) Or they cannot grasp the concept of drop-down menu's
(to this day my parents still are lost if an app doesn't have a
 functional toolbar).  The MacOS has this feature for novices _and_
the deaf/dumb/blind.

--
Eric Windisch