Gtop memory display of threaded apps...

I don't know whether this is a deficiency in gtop, libgtop or the kernel.
However, it seems that each thread of a threaded app is reported like a
separate process, and the same resident memory size is reported for each
thread. The memory usage page in gtop adds all these numbers together to
give a completely unrealistic number (according to my display at the
moment, Star Office is using 120 megs). Is there any way at getting at
the total memory shared between all the threads and reporting them as
a single process?

I'm running recent libgtop (29 Nov) with the LIBGTOP_STABLE_1_0 tag from CVS,
and a recent gtop, also from CVS. My kernel is 2.2.12 (RedHat 6.1).

--
Peter Wainwright
Home: prw@wainpr.demon.co.uk     Work: peter.wainwright@nrpb.org.uk