Re: How to enable logout/halt/reboot as ordinary user?

Owen Taylor <otaylor@redhat.com> writes:

> The shutdown/reboot functionality in the logout dialog
> is based on a package called 'usermode' which build on top of
> the PAM authentication system.

On a related note, I think it is very inconsistent and not
understandable from a normal users point of view that he/she can
reboot/halt the computer from gnome-session logout, but that gshutdown
refuses to work, telling that (s)he has to be super user....

        jtl