Re: Thoughts & suggestions

On Thu, Dec 09, 1999 at 02:46:47PM -0800, Loban Amaan Rahman wrote:
> 	(b) If I turn tiles off, it looks better, but wouldn't it be nice
> 	if the buttons acted just like toolbar buttons (ie. you could
> 	set the buttons to be permanently relieved or just relief on
> 	mouse over - thus unifying the panel with the rest of the desktop.

Having at least the option to use normal buttons rather than tiles would
be great.  It would make the panel more consistent with other GNOME apps.

> choose delete. KDE, I noticed, also has a nifty feature where it could
> dynamically generate menues that display your entire directory structure,
> starting either from root or your home directory.

The directory browser in the menu is definitely cool.

> (8) There should be a way for gnome apps that ideally require root access
> to request the root password in a simple popup dialog which contains
> a field to enter the root password or run the app as non-root. That way
> we won't have to manually su to root and run the app. Programs that this
> would be useful for or GnoRPM, Update Agent, Disk Management Tool, etc.

This was happening at one stage.  It would make GnoRPM so much more useful
than it already is.

--
Lyndon Drake                       | Desktop:      http://www.gnome.org
isenguard                          | Mail client:  http://www.mutt.org