Re: Any idea what the magic combo is for getting a working set of CVS builds?

On Fri, Dec 10, 1999 at 07:15:30PM -0800, Miles Lane wrote:

> I had a working CVS-based Gnome installation until recently. [snip]
> A few days ago things deteriorated.  I started getting segmentation
> faults an most everything (panel, gmc, etc.).  Since then I have
> been trying older versions of various modules, but have failed to
> find a combination which will give me a working Panel, etc.

Same here.  It's inconvenient, but I knew there was a reason why it
was called the unstable branch, so I can't complain much.

CVS supports a "checkout by date" option, so if you have an idea of
when things started seg faulting, you could try checking out the
latest version of everything from a day or so before then.  You might
try something like:

    cvs -z3 update -D 1999-12-01 gnome

-- John Kodis.