Re: Localising date format in GnomeDateEdit widget?

Kaixo!

On Mon, Dec 13, 1999 at 04:34:02PM +1100, Robert Graham Merkel wrote:

> I'm hacking away at Gnucash, a personal finance manager
> (http://gnucash.org).  At the moment, I'm attempting to improve the
> internationalization, including making the date display format
> user-configurable.
>
> Is there any way to control the format of the selected date
> with the GnomeDateEdit widget?  From reading the documentation,
> it doesn't seem to be configurable, and the moment it seems to display
> exclusively in mm/dd/yy format, which is kinda annoying for
> non-US users.

You can also put in the beginning of the main() the following:

#ifdef ENABLE_NLS
	setlocale(LC_TIME,"");
#endif

LC_TIME isn't set by default by Gnome.

Then, you can also make the string formatters of strftim() "translatable"
with _(); look at gnomecal for examples.

However; for the future I agree that needs to be improved a lot;
some of the problems not yet solved by the current implementation:

* use of non gregorian calendars
* weeks beginning on different days (that needs a reorganization of the
	little calendar widget, I forgot his name)
* use of different locales for dates and string localizations (currently
	in 'gnome-pim' package you are forced to use the both for the
	same locale.)

--
Ki ça vos våye bén,
Pablo Saratxaga