Re: Building gnome-core-1.0.55 RPM

> I get internal compilers errors.  I know that this is probably due to
> the
> fact that I have an AMD K6-2 350 processor.  I understand that this can

Compiler errors often come from broken optimization. If you change your
RPM_OPT_FLAGS to contain no optimization, things will probably work
fine.

> Unfortunately, this means that RPM must once again unpack the source
> tree,
> configure it and finally start the build.  Is there a way to get RPM to
> resume the build from where it last failed like the "make" command does?

Look at the --short-circuit option in the rpm documentation. The best
reference is the book Maximum RPM which is available online at
http://www.rpm.org. There have been some changes since the book was
written but there is a link to the changes on that site.

Good luck.

Eric