Re: Suggestion

> From: Gleef <dzol@virtual-yellow.com>
>
> On Mon, 4 Jan 1999, Miguel de Icaza wrote:
> >
> > >   I had problems upgrading from 99.0 to 99.1 due to the difference in
> > > versions of glib/gtk+ required (1.1.7 from the gnome mirror was okay for
> > > 99.0 but didn't cut it for 99.1) and I also got a couple of private emails
> > > from people with the same problem asking how I fixed it, in the end it was
> > > simple enough to upgrade to glib/gtk+ 1.1.11 which solved the
> > > problem.
> >
> > Good poing gnome-libs 0.99.2 will now require gtk 1.1.12
>
> Um, where is gtk 1.1.12?  The anonymous cvs servers only give me 1.1.11
> (at least that's what they gave me last night).
>
> Thanks,
> -Gleef

ftp.gtk.org has glib and gtk 1.1.12 .tar.gz files

When I downloaded and compiled it yesterday glib compiled to a shared
library with a 12 in the filename, but gtk compiled to a shared
library with something like 11.0.1 in the filename.

IMO, (not that gnome programmers don't have enough to do already -
they're doing a great job!), the ftp.gnome.org sites should either have
the lastest glib/gtk (right now I think they still have 1.17) or none
at all - I think that would prevent some of the confusion.

Dave