Re: ORBit 0.3.91

In message <199901061221.MAA23718@cby-wts>, "Mark R. Bowyer" writes:
+-----
| >I have generated ORBit 0.3.91 using egcs 1.1.1 on the following
| >platforms:
| >
| >sparc-sun-solaris2.5.1
| >sparc-sun-solaris2.6
|
| Really?  How?
|
| When I try to build this, I get:
|
| ---
|
| markbo@moredhel/home/markbo/GNOME/ORBit-0.3.91/src/daemons/interface_reposito
| ry
| 140 ]gmake
| ../../../src/idl-compiler/orbit-idl interface_repository.idl
| Error: syntax error
+--->8

You have Workshop installed, right?  ORBit's configure is too stupid to notice
that you have indent but it's not GNU indent --- so it invokes indent with
options that it doesn't accept and the output is garbage.

The workaround is to install GNU indent earlier in your PATH, or to configure
ORBit with --disable-indent.

--
brandon s. allbery	[os/2][linux][solaris][japh]	 allbery@kf8nh.apk.net
system administrator	     [WAY too many hats]	   allbery@ece.cmu.edu