Re: hrm.... what is fsuid.h

> Bart Kuster wrote:
> >
> > On Thu, 14 Jan 1999, Brian M Dial wrote:
> >
> > >  -Wmissing-prototypes -Wmissing-declarations -Wpointer-arith -Wp,-MD,.deps/gnome-score.p -c -fPIC -DPIC gnome-score.c
> > > gnome-score.c:16: sys/fsuid.h: No such file or directory
> > > make[2]: *** [gnome-score.lo] Error 1
> > > make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/cvs/gnome-libs/libgnome'
> > > make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> > >

> > > I've been compiling gnome cvs for a good while now and this is teh first time
> > > i've encountered this
> > >
> > > it's true, i don't have the file.  Why do I get the feeling it's important? ;)
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I created an empty /usr/include/fsuid.h....then it compiled without any
> > error. Does this mean the file isn't necessary ? Or do I miss some
> > important defines now ?
> >
> > Bart Kuster - bartk@sci.kun.nl
> >
>  --
>

> I'm not sure what that file was for, but I took a different approach to getting past that compile
> hang.  I commented out fsuid.h in the guilty file and the compile completed successfully.  However,
> I encountered a transparency issue with png files afterwards (I don't think this problem is related
> to the fsuid.h file though) and had libImlib.so undefined reference errors "out the ying yang" on a
> failed compile of Control-Center with the newly installed libs.
>
> -Rob

On my RH 5.2 system /usr/include/sys/fsuid.h contains the following
(plus the GNU copyright at the top).

-Dave

#ifndef _SYS_FSUID_H
#define _SYS_FSUID_H    1

#include <features.h>
#include <sys/types.h>

__BEGIN_DECLS

/* Change uid used for file access control to UID, without affecting
   other priveledges (such as who can send signals at the process).
*/
extern int setfsuid __P ((__uid_t __uid));

/* Ditto for group id. */
extern int setfsgid __P ((__gid_t __gid));

__END_DECLS

#endif /* fsuid.h */