Re: BUG REPORT: gdm on RedHat 5.2 with PAM

Peter> Firstly, I get text messages from the pam_pwdb module such as
Peter> "Your password will expire in N days". These are passed to the
Peter> conversation function with a msg_style of PAM_TEXT_INFO. It
Peter> seems that a valid reply MUST be set here, because Linux PAM
Peter> 0.59+ will expect a response to all messages and will free all
Peter> the pointers.  Not setting a response here causes a segfault.

Peter> NOTE: this fix applies only to my system: I guess you should
Peter> find some way of checking the PAM version and acting
Peter> appropriately.

Ok. Will do. Thanks for the patch!

Peter> Secondly, the strings read by gdm_slave_greeter() do not match
Peter> those sent by gdmgreeter, the order of language and session is
Peter> reversed.

Yeap. Elliot started implementing language selection support while I
tweaked the core a bit so a few things are currently broken. I've decided
to clean up a few things in gdmgreeter before committing so stay
tuned.

/Martin

--
Martin Kasper Petersen			BOFH, IC1&2, Aalborg University, DK
mailto:mkp@SunSITE.auc.dk		http://www.socsci.auc.dk/~mkp/