Re: GNOME + Solaris

> Several people have posted about running GNOME under Solaris. As this is
> something I will probably be trying to do in the near forseeable future,
> does anyone have any recommendations of things to do or steps on how they
> did it (or has some brave soul even created PKG files??) to mix the two.
> Also on this thread, would it work better with Solaris 2.6 or 7?

I installed GNOME from sources, using the GNU build tools (I had to make
some changes another time I used Solaris' C compiler), and I didn't find
any real problem. But, if you want PKG files, check
http://lug.calpoly.edu/~bkurotsu/gnome-solaris.html. I haven't installed
them, but I've heard that they do work pretty well.

Cheers