Re: Bookmark Daemon

>Tell me what you guys think of the above stated idea. I might just code it
>if anyone thinks it might be usefull.
I think it would be pretty neat, but you'd have to take the following things
into account:
* The application from which the bookmark is selected should have first
crack at displaying/interpreting it.  eg A web browser may want to view an
image instead of having ee do it.  If the application doesn't want to deal
with it, it can be opened with the URL handler or whatever.
* MIME types would be useful for file:// urls, but not for http/ftp/etc.
For example, ee does not have the ability to load files over the network.
You'd probably want to use the gnome url handler system, and have file://
urls handled by a mime type->application handler.  That way,
http://whatever.org/something.gif would be opened by netscape (which has
networking capabilities) but file://home/dave/something.gif would be opened
by ee (or whatever else is registered to deal with image/gif).

Anyway, I think bookmarkd is a great idea, and should definitely be pursued.

Cheers,
-dave