From: lauris@ariman.ee [mailto:lauris@ariman.ee]
Sent: Tuesday, July 06, 1999 1:53 PM
To: Pierre AGUET
Subject: Re: Change keyb mapping

Hi

Had same problem with estonian kbd, which was not supported anywhere
except KDE.
There are several possible ways...

2. Simplest:
As root, edit /etc/X11/XF86Config file, find the section "keyboard"
and row

#XkbDisable

and unncomment it. Then replace row

RightAlt	Meta

with

RightAlt	ModeShift

Next time you restart X, it should use console keymap.

2. Use Gnome Keyboard applet (I don't know, if it supports Swiss French)
3. Change XkbLayout in XF86Config. Again don't know, if it has out-of-box
Swiss french support.

Lauris Kaplinski

> Hi all,
>
> I'm installing my brand new RH 6.0 (and Gnome) on a dedicated computer.
I'm