Re: Some ideas

I just want to say that we need to strike a balance between competition and
cooperation.  Competition is a good thing...it keeps people on their feet
and in the end it's good for the user which is all of us even (especially?)
the developers.  I have a website that I've been forced to improve over and
over because of competition.

The only thing I'm worried about is that commercial application vendors
will come in and start splitting themselves up amongst the widget
sets.  Adobe does Photoshop using GTK+ (wouldn't that be kind of ironic?)
then Lotus uses QT to do 123 then Intuit does Quicken with GTK+
etc...  This is all conjecture of course but it could become annoying.