session management doesn't work for me...

Hi all

When using GNOME applications e.g. gedit, gmc etc. it seems
that no session information is saved. After having placed
and arranged the different windows on the desktop and having
logged out/in, all the windows reappear but now are
located at different places.

I'am using enlightenment for windowmanager.
When using the 'remember'-menu of enlightenment, window positions
are remembered.

Isn't gnome-session supposed to automatically save all information
related to an application?
Perhaps I have made some mistakes when compiling GNOME?
I am running GNOME on a SuSE 6.1 distro.
wm: enlightenment 0.16
All the newest tar.gz from gnome.org

Appart from that, everything works just great, thanks to all
the coders for the great work :)

cheers
Hanspeter