gnumeric 0.28 problems

I'm having a couple of problems with gnumeric 0.28.  The first is a minor
(?) compilation issue.  Apparently po/Makefile has a dependency on
plugins/guile/plugin.c, which existed in the gnumeric 0.26 distribution,
but is no longer present in the gnumeric 0.28 tarball.  I don't know about
0.27.  Well, I removed the dependency and moved on.

The more major problem is when I try to run gnumeric.  0.26 ran like a
champ for me, but I wanted the printing ability (which I don't believe was
available in that release, yes/no?), so I upgraded and now it won't start
up.  Output is below, but please note that helvetica was just fine under
the last version:

** WARNING **: gnome_font_new_closest: font family Helvetica not found

** CRITICAL **: file gnome-font.c: line 1866 (gnome_get_display_font):
assertion `wpdf' failed.

** ERROR **: Could not load the default font
aborting...

[1]+  Aborted                 (core dumped) gnumeric

Any idea?

Nathan Clegg
 nathan@islanddata.com