Maybe GNOME needs some Marketing?

I've just finished reading reviews of Suse 6.1 and Caldera 2.2 in PC Plus, an
English computing magazine. I'm not sure what it's like elsewhere but in
England there's now quite a few "mainstream" magazines devoting space to Linux,
which is great!

However it struck me reading these reviews that KDE was getting all the
limelight. Even a review of Redhat 6.0 had pictures of KDE rather than GNOME.
Now I'm not saying that we should be looking to "krush KDE" or anything like
that. What I am saying is that maybe we should be "pushing" GNOME a bit more so
that it gets the attention it deserves. We could also learn from what KDE is
doing right (the Windows-like PPP setup program springs to mind, as well as the
mailer) and incorporate those ideas into Gnome. Maybe sending the Gnome
software round a few well chosen magazines would help?

 --
"G'choo g'choo g'choob"
John Lennon, I am the Walrus