Re: Gnomebook computers.. ;-)

Thanks to all who replied.... Hmmmm well I like to build/test
websites on my machine when I'm roaming, and offline so
I'm running a local/dummy DNS for a few domains so I can
test VirtualHosting and the like. Since I'm my own name
service I don't see why it should matter that my hostname
is not localhost.  Aha!! that was the clue I needed. ;-)
I didn't have an entry in /etc/hosts for my local host name. ;-)
Now it's fine.. thanks! Sometimes it helps to talk things out.

-steve