Assertion font != NULL fails...?

    Since I upgraded to gnome-libs 1.0.10, I have been having this problem
with almost all of my GNOME apps, and gmc won't even start. I keep getting
the following error messages:

Gdk-CRITICAL **: file gdkfont.c: line 133 (gdk_font_ref): assertion `font !=
NULL' failed.

    I am running the latest everything, and I finally got so fed up with it
that I just reverted back to gnome-libs 1.0.9. Now GMC runs without giving
me that error, but gedit 0.5.3 *does* give me that error with gnome-libs
1.0.9...does anyone have any clue at all why this is happening?