feedback - two afterthoughts

On Tue, Jun 08, 1999 at 11:10:00AM -0400, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> realistically there's little history of free software authors thinking
> "gee, I want to spend the next two years writing an app... let's see what
> suggestions there are on the web site..."

While this is true, many gnome apps do recycle older software.  If a user
wants an older app gnomified, the database would be the place to suggest
it.

Furthermore, some users are going to make such suggestions anyway.  This
would just give them a central place to do so, hopefully eliminating this
type of traffic from gnome-list.  The most fundamental rule of organization
is "a place for everything, and everything in its place."  Just in case
someone does want to see what kind of gaps we have from a user's
perspective, this would make searching for them much easier.  They would be
in one place, being much less likely to get lost in the flux of general
mailing list traffic.