Re: calendar alarms

On Sat, 12 Jun 1999 00:38:22 PDT, Xiang Liu wrote:

>I installed a Gnome calendar 1.0.7, but I couldn't get the alarm to
work.
>I tried setting an appointment display alarm to go off 15 minutes
ahead,
>but nothing ever came up. Could anyone help? Is this a bug that has
since
>been fixed?

I've been trying to duplicate this bug (which is also listed in the bug tracker), but have been unable to with the current CVS version of gnome-pim (gnomecal): both audio and display alarms seem to work.

You might want to try an updated version of gnomecal, although it doesn't look like the alarm code has changed since January, 1999 (version 0.99.6).  If the bug persists, I'd appreciate more details about what exact steps you're using to set the alarm, and more info about your system, including your gnome-libs version).

-Russell

--
Russell Steinthal		Columbia Law School, Class of 2002
<rms39@columbia.edu>		Columbia College, Class of 1999

NOTE: My address steintr@avnet.org will stop working in approximately
two weeks...  Use one of the current alternatives listed above!