RE: need help with dialup networking and disk access

what's your fstab say? put it in any reply so as to better assist you.

about the dial up:
what are you using? it's easy to set it up under the console. under gnome:
first set up your modem using control-panel or edit the files and links
yourself.
next run gnome-ppp. add an account.
account name: your isp.
user name: your isp login.
remote name: your isp? (i think).
and i think you need to put these values into a file under /etc too.
(i haven't set it up since i got a second phone line, then a cable modem).
i prefer the console setup, cuz then you don't need x up all the time.

On 14-Jun-99 John Boichuk scribbled: