Re: Gnome and CDE

On Tue, 15 Jun 1999, Frank Beimfohr wrote:

> A question:
> I'm working with Solaris 2.5.1 and CDE. I want to run GNOME-Software without
> installing the window-manager. Which libraries/packages must be installed to run
> the software by keeping CDE? Or is it impossible to install GNOME without the
> desktop?

Just install gnome-libs and it's various dependencies and you'll be good.  You
might loose some special bells-n-whistles functionality if you don't have the
desktop, and applets won't work, but that's not a huge deal.

Marcus Brubaker
spoon@elpaso.net
http://www.elpaso.net/~spoon

Scholars are always putting two and two together and making five.
	-Ted Allbeury