Re: Text processor

Hi
I really like Xemacs < http://www.xemacs.org/ > for anything that
requires syntax highlighting.
It is the best tool if have ever used for HTML code, even has built in
validation checker. Couples to Netscape for page viewing. Use the mouse
for cut & past inserting tags and what not. The only things on your
list, that version 20. will not do is save to .rtf, and .doc I have used
it to open stuff saved by MS word it is not pretty, (not usable) you
have to strip a bunch of MS bloat off before you get down to the text.

For counting lines, words, and chars use: wc foo.txt from the command
line in a terminal its scary fast.

For formatting docs to print pretty Abiword is cool it will do rtf if
you like, but my understanding is that XML is the native save format.

Dennis