Re: multiple gnome-sessions on different machines

Andrew Chittenden <Andrew.Chittenden@madge.com> writes:

> I have two machines. Both run X servers. I use the same home directory on
> both (on one it is NFS mounted). I want to use gnome-session on both but
> they both seem to share the same set of session files. Is there anyway
> around this?

gnome-session will take a single argument, which is the name of a
session. Change the call to gnome-session to something like:

exec gnome-session `uname -n`

Unfortunately, you will have to manually create the new sessions in
your .gnome/session file by copying the [Default] section and changing
Default to whatever uname spits out.
--
Tony Lill,                         Tony.Lill@AJLC.Waterloo.ON.CA
President, A. J. Lill Consultants        fax/data (519) 650 3571