Taskbar behavior

Hello.

I have noticed erratic taskbar behavior between the GNOME distribution for
Slackware 4.0, and what ships with Redhat 6.0.  In Slack, clicking on the
taskbar raises the corresponding window to the top, but in Redhat, it only
brings the window into focus, without bringing it to the top.  Is this
something that can be configured somewhere?  I looked through the
documentation, and haven't found anything that mentions it.

What I haven't tried is taking the taskbar applet executable out of one
distribution, and plugging it into the other (that just occurred to me now).

Any idea?  Thanks!

David