gnome-session and CDE/dtlogin

Hello,

	Has anyone managed to get gnome-session working from CDE's
dtlogin?  I've compiled gnome on Solaris x86 7 and while I can get
enlightenment going on its own, gnome-session doesn't want to work
right.  Basically dthello comes up but never goes away; gnome-session
just sits there and doesn't seem to start anything.  I'm pretty sure I
have ~/enlightenment/bin in the PATH at the right time, but I can't
really get any diagnostics.  What does gnome-session do if it can't
find the desired window manager?  How can I find out what is going on?

	Does anyone have some startup files (.dtprofile, .xinitrc,
.openwin-init etc.) that work?

Thanks.

--
James Macnicol