Re: background colors in apps

In message <Pine.LNX.3.96.990627225708.15182B-100000@quoll.daa.com.au>,
James H
enstridge writes:
cc:  gnome-list@gnome.org
> This is quite easy to do with rc files.  For GNOME applications, if the
> application name is 'gnome-prog', then the rc file ~/.gnome/gnome-progrc
> will be parsed on startup.  Also ~/.gtkrc will be parsed by all gtk apps
> on startup (the ~/.gnome/gnome-progrc file would take precedence).
>
> In these files, you could quite esily set the colour scheme with something
> like this:
>   style "default"
>   {
>     bg[NORMAL] = { 0.rr, 0.gg, 0.bb }
>     bg[ACTIVE] = ...
>     bg[PRELIGHT] = ...
>     bg[SELECTED] = ...
>     bg[INSENSITIVE] = ...
>     fg[NORMAL] = ...
>   }
>   widget_class "*" style "default"

Excuse me for an ignorant question. Exactly *what* does 0.rr, 0.gg, 0.bb
mean? I know it's red, green and blue but I am only familiar with the
decimal and hex formats. A conversion formula from decimal/hex to this
would be helpful.

Bob

| Bob Taylor             Email: brtaylor@inreach.com             |
| Gnome certainly is (serious competition to the Mac or Windows) |
| ... I get a charge out of seeing the X Window System work the  |
| way we intended..." - Jim Gettys                               |