Re: New Panel...

   I'm not sure if I'm understanding this right; you want all applets to
have the ability to be detached from the panel and be able to be dragged
around the desktop as though they're a normal app? The point of a panel
applet is to write a program that fits inside the panel. If you want a
program that you can drag around the desktop, write it with GnomeApp
instead. Mini-Commander used to (still does? I'm not sure, I don't use it
right now) have a dock widget so you could drag it off the panel. The most
obvious flaw with this design is that your program is then consuming space
on both your desktop AND your panel. In my opinion, that's a very bad
thing and I think it should be avoided.

Cody