Re: gdm submission

On Tue, 2 Mar 1999, Ian McKellar wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 01, 1999 at 08:59:40PM -0500, Todd Graham Lewis wrote:
> > Would the authors of gdm be amenable to a patch which would simulate
> > box by accident, and so I now have to write the proggie to mimic this
> > behaviour, less I continue to lose our office uptime competitions.  8^)
>
> This would be fairly tricky at the gnome level, but if you happen to be
> running  linux, then "grep ^ca: /etc/inittab" - thats where Linux's
> C-A-Del handling happens.

Yes, I know.  gdm will still have to be modified so that CAD when no one
is logged in will result in a prompt.  There will also be a user-level
handler which will register itself for the duration of a gnome session.
I was wondering if these mods to gdm are welcome.

--
Todd Graham Lewis            32°49'N,83°36'W          (800) 719-4664, x2804
******Linux******         MindSpring Enterprises      tlewis@mindspring.net

"A pint of sweat will save a gallon of blood."          -- George S. Patton