RE: gnumeric

I think there is a similar problem for the libpython module.  Does the
guile interpreter library come as a shared library as well as normal .a?
If not, then this is the problem.

libtool prints a nice error saying it can't link a shared library against
a static library (non PIC code), so leaves the static only libraries out
of the link line.  This gives you undefined symbols when you try to dlload
the library.

It is annoying that libtool does this, since the resulting shared library
would still work under linux, but it is not guaranteed to work on other
platforms.

I suppose the fix is to create a shared libpython or guile lib.

Of course, if guile already installs a shared lib, this would not be the
cause of your problem :)

James Henstridge.

--
Email: james@daa.com.au