RE: gdm submission

On Wed, 3 Mar 1999, Fox, Kevin M wrote:

> It is just that most people would like to see the ctrl alt delete to login
> stuff die. It is not dificult for an NT user to get use to the fact that
> they will just see a login screen instead of haveing to ask for one. The
> only reason microsoft did it is because they thaught it would increase
> security.

Well, that and it would be another incompatibility to annoy OS/2 users.
but the C-2 system-key requirement was a big motivation.  Something
analogous w3ill be required for Linux C-2 certification, you know.

> It just makes everyones life more difficult.

Hey, I'm the one who rebooted his Linux box; you don't have to tell me!

--
Todd Graham Lewis            32°49'N,83°36'W          (800) 719-4664, x2804
******Linux******         MindSpring Enterprises      tlewis@mindspring.net

"A pint of sweat will save a gallon of blood."          -- George S. Patton