Re: Did GNOME go 1.0 too early?

Hi, I am the guy who made the screwed up 0.30 packages. They were at the
time not meant
to be well worked out packages, as well as that, they were build on the
5.3 distribution, which had a number of extra problems associated with
it.
Anyway a lot has changed since then and the problems should all have
been resolved.
You can expect 1.0 RPMS (the real ones, not the pre-release which is up
now) to be available on Friday at the latest saturday. They should be
complete, tested and working (of course ;-).
Compiling from source isn't difficult if you know what you are doing. I
have posted at various times tips on what to do. You can't go too wrong
installing rpms if you leave your hands of obscure switches like
--nodeps and --force, installing from tar-balls will clutter up your
system very quickly. I never do that anymore.
I suggest you give them another try, you might be pleasently suprised.

Jan.