Re: problem with ORBit and Gnome releases

On 6 Mar 1999, Markus Linnala wrote:

> If I translate this situation correctly, there is dependance
> between orbit.h and idl-generated files here. Would it be
> possible to have Makefile rule to build these files
> automatically when orbit.h is new.

The dependency isn't on orbit.h, it's on bin/orbit-idl. Some packages put
this dependency in the Makefile but not all of them do. (there was some
dispute about whether it was a good idea.)

touch *.idl will fix it as someone said. Theoretically orbit-idl will not
change often enough for this to be an issue.

Havoc