Re: File manager nolonger starting on startup

> >  You can add it explicitly in control-center if you
> >want.
>
> Hm... I could do that, but I get the feeling that something somewhere else
> has become hosed.

You're right.  For whatever reason, gmc isn't being picked up by the
session manager, or if it is, when it is restarted it isn't coming up
properly.  Exit from X with gmc running and take a look at
~/.gnome/session and see if there are any lines in there to restart gmc.

Marcus Brubaker
spoon@elpaso.net
http://www.elpaso.net/~spoon

Of course he was all in favour of Armageddon in *general* terms.
        -- (Terry Pratchett & Neil Gaiman, Good Omens)