Re: Gnome 1.0 undocumented "features"

On Tue, 9 Mar 1999 15:28:46 +0900, Kerry Todyruik
<kerry_todyruik@zenrin.co.jp> wrote:

>I just took off my prevous version of gnome and installed gnome 1.0 Redhat
>RPMs.  There are three major "features":
>1. No buttons on the bar at the bottom this time.  When I try to to add an
>applet.  Nothing happens.

I'm curious, since this may be an ORBit problem. Can you try running an
applet from the command line and seeing if it comes up?

Run
	fifteen_applet --activate-goad-server=fifteen_applet
when the panel is up. If it core dumps or exits right away, run
	strace -ofoo fifteen_applet --activate-goad-server=fifteen_applet

And send me the foo file in private e-mail. (You will need strace installed
to use the second command.)

-- Elliot
"In film you will find four basic story lines. Man versus man, man
 versus nature, nature versus nature, and dog versus vampire."
    - Steven Spielberg