Re: Using Gnome on Dgital Unix

Thanks for the answer.

"James M. Cape" wrote:

> Stephane Piton wrote:
> >
> > Yes, thanks... I try enlightenment and except a brown screen with a
> > beautiful
> > grey line in the middle I can't obtain anything...
> > Only way to get out: reboot of my term...:( Where can I have info about
> > this?
>
> There wasn't a kewl progress meter about 1/4 of the way down? How long
> did you wait?
>
> E has an eye-candy loading animation where the desktop looks like this:
>
> ----------------------
> |                    |
> |   E Loading 50%    |
> |   >>>>>>           |
> |                    |
> |--------------------|
> |--------------------|
> |                    |
> |                    |
> |                    |
> |                    |
> ----------------------
>
> when the progress meter reaches  100%, the bars in the middle separate
> to reveal the desktop:
> ----------------------
> |                    |
> |                    |
> |                    |
> |--------------------|
> |********************|
> |********************|
> |--------------------|
> |                    |
> |                    |
> |                    |
> ----------------------
>
> ----------------------
> |                    |
> |--------------------|
> |********************|
> |********************|
> |********************|
> |********************|
> |********************|
> |********************|
> |--------------------|
> |                    |
> ----------------------
>
> ----------------------
> |--------------------| <-- Dragbar
> |********************|
> |********************|
> |********************|
> |********************|
> |********************| <-- Desktop
> |********************|
> |********************|
> |********************|
> |[F     H C N      T]| <-- Panel
> ----------------------
>
> So you're terminal, your network, or your Alpha must be really slow, or
> there definately is a problem with E and your setup.

Yes, I can distinguish this but nothing is readable and I have to wait
for a long long time...:)

After the progress meter finished, the grey line become larger exactly
as you explain and finally my mouse cursor change but that's all folks
:)

I can't see a thing except brown and gray, but maybe it works with bad
colors
or things like that, I don't know.

But for the moment this is not a big problem because I can't manage to
compile
ORBit on my digital unix, then I can't use gnome, then I don't need
enlightenment.

Thanks

Steph
Stephane PITON
Airsys ATM, 19 rue de la Fontaine 92221 Bagneux France
phone: 01 40 84 26 16

mail: stephane.piton@fr.airsysatm.thomson-csf.com          |||||
      spiton@club-internet.fr (personal)                   |^|0|
                                                           \ - /